but the fire is so delightful
And since we've no place to go
Let us Run,Let us Run,Let us Run!
Today it happened to be snowing here, as you can see from our post-run picture, but my fearless & very best looking running partner (sorry other running partners) said "Let's Go" and so we did!
It's a little treacherous running in the snow. The snow part is actually not too bad, but it's the ice part that kills you. Neither of us fell, but we had some close calls. You also lose a lot of your running lane (aka. the shoulder) from the plows, so we had to run close to the cars, and they sometimes shoot out chunks of ice as they pass.
But, we set out to do 8 miles, and that we did. I hope Ally had a good 8 mile run in her shorts and tank top on the sunny and clear streets of Arizona. Though races are fun, the real joy is in the journey of training, and so, we will look forward to many more runs in the snow, and we will Enjoy the Journey!
3 comments:
My 8 miles was great Christine and I got up at 6am and busted it out and though I was not in shorts and a tank top I got warm in my long sleeve shirt. I am glad you you are back on the wagon and I can't wait to run with you. You are awesome!!!!!
I walked on my treadmill...does that count for anything?? Hmmmm...I don't think I'll ever make it to you 3 sisters level of committment. way to go ladies!
If I looked like you or Ally, I probably wouldn't run. But, I am sure my heart will one day thank you for inspiring me.
Post a Comment