This one is about taking the girls ice skating. Robert was out of town so it knew it would be me leaning over Brenna most of the night helping her skate, but oh, that wasn't how it turned out.
When we got her skates we checked out a 'walker type device' for the ice. I would show you a picture, but...yeah, here it is below. Anyway, Brenna took off with that thing and I was able to just skate along side her. After awhile, she said she didn't want the walker anymore. Being more protective than I usually am, I questioned her about if she was really ready to let go and skate on her own. (I think I get more worried when Robert's gone) As we both leaned on the 'blue walker' she said something that 'hit that special soft spot in my heart.' She said, "Mom, I can do this. I can do hard things."
I know she can do hard things, and that all our girls can, and I am so grateful for her forceful reminder. I am so very proud of these girls and so grateful to share my life with them.
As for the rest of the ice skating, it was great, Aubrey had a group of friends with her, and we all had a fun night. We'll be back there soon to show off our new skills for Dad.
No comments:
Post a Comment