Friday, March 28, 2014

Sister Dalton

I have been looking forward to this morning for several weeks now.  I have always loved Sister Dalton as a  YW leader, runner, and Mom.  It was a privilege to attend a Young Women Training Meeting with her presidency and board last April.  I have read her words, listened to stories about her from others, and have  tried to follow her example in ministering to the young women in my stake.  

This mornings gathering was for all of the 9-12th grade Seminary students at Bingham High School and South Jordan Middle School.  Our stake center is just a short walk from both of those schools, so we host these Morningsides and the 800+ youth that attend.  It's always fun to spend time with the youth before they head off to school. 


This morning, Sister Dalton spoke about 'Who we Are as Children of God'.   We live in a time of great opportunity,  as well as great opposition.  The Lords work is Hastening and we are called to be a part of that.  We have been prepared from the beginning of time to come Now - at the Fullness of Time, when the Lord is preparing the Earth for the 2nd Coming of our Lord and Savior Jesus Christ.  I know that to be true.  She compared our lives to a race.  We have all prepared from the beginning, we have kept our first estate, we are ready -- Let's Go!  She assured each of us that WE CAN DO THIS.  With the Saviors help we can build our faith and testimony and do the Father's will and ALL return back to our Heavenly Home.  She plans to see each of us there and greet us with High 5's and shouts of "We Did It - We Made it Back".  Her message was one of  Love, Hope, and Confidence in us as Children of God. 

One of the things that several of the young women shared with me after was how Sister Dalton radiated.  She carries the Light of Christ in her countenance and you can see and feel it.  After the meeting, the line to shake her hand extended from the stand to the cultural hall.  She spoke to each youth individually that came through.  She told them something she saw or believed in them.  It reminded me of the Savior, taking time to bless and touch each person.  It is what He would have us do.  I can not adequately express how grateful I am for our Savior Jesus Christ and His Infinite Love and Atonement for each one of us.  I can feel His love and I hope that I can adequately share that love like Sister Dalton does.   






No comments: