Sunday, March 29, 2009

Silent Sunday

It's Sunday afternoon. I'm not feeling too good. My throat is killing me when I talk, swallow, drink, eat or breathe. Hence, I'm staying pretty silent today, enjoying the sights and sounds around me. I have watched nature takes its course today through our large office and front room windows. The day began with gusty winds, chairs and toys being blown around the yard. Then came the snow. Light at first, but steadily increasing to a consistent dump of snowflakes from the sky. The toys, grass, and pool cover quickly disappeared and my world became white. Soon after, the clouds passed, and the snow began to disappear as quickly as it had come. Now the sky is blue with white sheet like clouds throughout and even the puddles of water left behind are beginning to shrink. I wish the large, ball like object clogging my throat would shrink with them. It's nice to sit back from the hustle and bustle of life and just take it it all in-even if it's just for one day.

March is about to come to an end. That means April is nearing. The thought of April brings about many emotions for me. Almost each day of this glorious month is chalk full of activities, many of which I need to be prepared for and on top of. My goal is to enjoy these activities, all of them, and to not worry or let myself be overridden by them. I plan to breathe in and out slowly each day and if I have a chance, I will post on the blog. We'll see.

As for today, I am still catching up on the events of March. I think I started today with the girls Dear Edwina play and so it goes from there. I also went back and finished up Lindsay's birthday festivities which were March 7th - 9th. Enjoy the reads.

1 comment:

Barbie said...

I'm sorry you're not feeling well. Maybe we should just skip the race and sleep. I am so looking forward to coming up. The snow better be gone.